Worked at ‘Father Muller Medical College Hospital’ as a Staff Nurse in General Medicine Ward. Worked as a skilled member of a nursing team. Providing care to patients and their families through assessment; continuation or alteration of treatment and evaluation of care.
Duties & Responsibilities
• General assessment of the patient & maintaining the highest possible standard patient care with all aseptic technique.
• Admission, discharge, transfers of patients, and maintain their records. • Hourly maintaining urine output, IV fluids, Blood pressure, respiratory rate, the temperature of the patients.
• Maintaining the nutritional status of patients on tube feed and parenteral nutrition. • Assessing the skin integrity of bedridden patients.
• Blood collection, Cannulization & Blood transfusion.
• Use of various modes of oxygen administration, Cardiopulmonary resuscitation & Intubation. • Urinary catheterization & its care.
• Use of infusion pump & syringe pump.
• Administration of Medications and Injections.
• Providing direct patient care.
• Analyzing and evaluating the effectiveness of care to babies and mothers.
• Interpreting clinical results and initiating investigations.
• Providing clinical support and training to staff and students.
• Ensuring that accurate documentation and administrative System records are kept.
• Making sure equipment are clean and safe to use.
• Regularly undertaking the management of unit under the supervision of senior staff. • Preparing nursing care plans.
• Teaching family members how to maintain health at home.
• Creating a welcoming, caring, and safe environment for patients and their families.