£47,000 to £65,000 pa
Here at Southend Hospital we strive to provide high quality care for every patient, every time. In our shared vision for Mid & South Essex we know that for most people to benefit, we must release resources and invest in local teams, increase skills and innovation in local settings, closer to our communities, supporting more people outside of the hospital. We all have to take action to address rising demand and costs - use of Emergency
Departments in our area are increasing at double the national average. This cannot be sustained by the NHS long-term, current services have to change.
Our Sustainability and Transformation Partnership have said that a network of urgent and emergency care could help solve the current problems of access, and also stated that we want to create a system of excellence using our network of hospital centres.
In partnership with Health Education England (HEE), the Emergency Medicine International Training (EMIT) Programme aims to recruit International doctors with an Emergency Medicine background to complement our existing trainees, consultants, and specialty doctors. Each post will be fully integrated within a specialty team, supporting the high-quality provision of patient care in Emergency Departments.
These posts will provide excellent training and service opportunities for doctors with varying career aspirations. The programme is fully endorsed to give international doctors established UK based training with a view to them taking these skills back to their home countries.
The EMIT Programme is the only UK Government approved international recruitment Programme for Doctors working within NHS hospitals across England. The Global Engagement (GE) Directorate, through the Department of Health and Social Care, is committed to ensuring ethical recruitment practices operate within the NHS by adhering to the UK Code of Practice (CoP) for international recruitment.
The EMIT Programme will assist applicants with; General Medical Council (GMC) registration, visa application, and a comprehensive programme of pastoral care, including cultural sensitivities via inductions prior to and on arrival within the UK. The EMIT Programme aims to provide an opportunity to enhance and add to candidates existing skills whilst working within the NHS. The Programme is an Earn, Learn & Return scheme, with Doctors working on a Tier 2 visa, sponsored by an NHS employer.
· Minimum of 24 months in Emergency Medicine at SHO/ST or SpR level
· ALS/ACLS provider
· F/MRCEM Primary and Intermediate SAQ or PLAB plus part of the MRCEM exam
· IELTS (level 7.5) or OET (Grade B in all areas) certificate at standards allowing GMC registration and eligibility for Tier 2 visa
Eligible for full registration with and hold a current license to practice from the GMC at the intended start date. This will require PLAB plus if the candidate has not obtained the MRCEM diploma
· Ability to gain the trust and confidence of colleagues and patients
· Competent in all relevant IT packages, including Microsoft and patient administration systems and PACS
· Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with appropriate interpersonal skills for effective team working
· Understands the principles of data protection and patient confidentiality
· Audit and Clinical Governance
· Evidence of audit participation
BENEFITS OF THE EMIT PROGRAMME
· Flight to the UK paid by the employing trust
· Met at the airport by a member of staff from the employing trust
· Induction in India and the UK
· Rental Deposit paid (equivalent to one month's rent) by the employing trust
· First three months of rent paid by the employing trust
· Removals paid for by the employing trust
· Certificate of Sponsorship paid by the employing trust
· Basic salary of £47,142 per annum with the potential to earn additional unsocial hours pay which would increase the basic salary to between £55 - 65,000 per annum.
· Opportunity to join the NHS pension scheme
· Entitlement to paid sick leave if you are unwell
· Access to a dedicated Clinical Educator
· Emergency Medicine Training UK Curriculum
· Training tailored to suit the candidate
· Access to Regional training and resources
· Up to 6 weeks of study leave per year
Perks and Benefits
Candidates will receive a basic salary of £47,142 per annum with the potential to earn additional unsocial hours pay which would increase the basic salary to between £55 - £65,000 per annum
£47,000 to £65,000 pa
Prittlewell Chase, Westcliff-on-Sea, Southend-on-Sea, Westcliff-on-Sea SS0 0RY, UK